The Cosmic Wise and Crappy Words

Sunday, April 27, 2008

life is ... part chance and part choice

currently, I'm quite happy with how I live my life.

I can choose when I'm gonna be a lazy dumbass pig-cow couch potato and not take my shower for 2 days straight, just tv, food and sleep.

I can choose to go out and roam the streets around Kuala Lumpur, shooting photographs of things and places people barely notice.

I can choose to let loose, party and get wasted (my scandinavian colleague would prefer the word "mabuk" becos she find it very poetic).

I can choose to lie down in bed and read books, take notes on the rumi poems and get lost in paulo coelho's life philosophy.

I am not obligated to cling on a certain boyfriend, trying to make him happy while having to put up with stupid annoying comments while having dinner or watching tv together.

I am not obligated to tag along just one friend 24/7 having to endure gossips and complaints as if the world just evolve around her only.

I am not obligated to find myself a guy just becos I'm some very dependent person who could not be a minute in singlehood, will die if there's no boyfriend or male bestfriend and always in need of "love and attention" from the male species.

I am not obligated to maintaining a certain impression, I can be carefree, funny, wacky, crazy and still be me, nothing to hide, nothing to lose. I don't have to pretend to be private and mysterious to gain certain charisma and character in life.

This weekend, I had the chance to let loose a little bit, and most of all, catch up on fragile bonds I have with some old friends. I met a very old friend for drinks late Friday night, I spent two-nights with crazily loving people surrounded by the jazzy tender loving care, I walked back to nature and had a tiring but fun photowalk, I went to an old friend's wedding and having fun like those days of ciggie and coffee during college, and most of all, at the end of it, me and my mrsm girls went to play at the arcade at Midvalley and screamed like a bunch of little schoolgirls (who we always end up being) and felt so nice hugging them and catching up with them amidst the fast pace of my life these days.

life is part chance and part choice.

we are given chances and we can choose to either take them or not.

I was given a chance to rekindle some lose ends, and to loosen some tight grips.

I chose to take those chances and it was a good decision.

I was given the chance to watch live performances by 3 great singers, Atilia, Bob and Faizal Tahir during the weekend.

Its Sunday afternoon and I chose to be at the office writing this (not working obviously). But its okay. I chose to be were I am right now.

My chances and choices, given and taken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home