The Cosmic Wise and Crappy Words

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

5 Questions with Abby Latif

I came across Dorothy Snarker's post on 5 Questions with Dorothy Snarker. So I've decided to do my own 5 Questions with Abby Latif.

Q: What is your preferred environment for writing?

A: I like to write on my note book when I'm alone in coffee shops or basically when I'm outdoor, alone. Those are mostly for my poetries. But sometimes, I get instinctive need to write so I can just pour out the words whenever where ever.


Q: What punctuation mark are you fondest of?


A: The dot ... dot ... dot ... It gives a long pause and some time to think.


Q: What punctuation, spelling, grammar, style, or usage error annoys you the most?

A: When people start using those text message language in normal articles and conversations when you can actually correctly spell those words. I hate acornyms and shortforms in sentences. I can never speed-writing when I jot down notes during my studying years. I even write long sentences in my text messages.


Q: If you weren't in your current line of work, what would you be doing instead?


A: Funny to say, I can never imagine myself doing anything else than what I have grown up to be right now, and ironic enough, I never imagine myself to be doing what I'm doing right now. I'm basically doing everything I can, and enjoying it while I can.


Q: What drove you to become a writer?


A: Being able to let my heart speaks for once. I've been told that my writings are alive when people reads it. Its short and simple and full of those dot ... dot ... dot ... What I like most is the ability to share. One too many times, some people drop comments saying that they feel what I write, they feel the sadness, they feel the hollow, they feel the laughter and they feel the love. Thats what mattered most in writing. You can be a top-notch extra-grande Copywriter or a Novel Writer, but if you can't touch hearts with your writings, there's no use, is there?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home