The Cosmic Wise and Crappy Words

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Because I am Immortal

I wanted to write something good. I don't know what. I had a great time catching up with Nell last night. It has been awhile, since she's been busy and all. I remembered we used to just meet up for our bonding drinks. Then her job was taking most of her time and my financial state has limit my social outings a bit. Hahaha. But we tried to make it happen day by day and we managed to squeeze in yesterday's iftar to meet up and catch up. A lot has been going on in both our lives I think. Although I couldn't talk as much since I spent the earlier part of the day answering nature's call for 4-5 times because of my stupid move of having instant meehoon and coke for sahur. By 6.30pm, I was drained out of energy and nutrients since I've discharged them all. Disgustingly true. Well dearest people, truth is disgusting and painful. Hahaha.


I got home and immediately dozed off for about an hour. I woke up at 10.30pm, ate some pineapples and coke (yeap, I have no discipline whatsoever in my food consumption), and went back to my room and start youtubing Tina Fey. Yes ladies and gentlemen, I am officially in love with Tina Fey. She is so freaking funny. I do blame myself for not keeping in time on Sunday mornings to watch NBC's Saturday Night Live but, well, thank those geeky innovators for You Tube! Enjoy this interview with David Lettermen, she's a natural comic, most definitely!




Now I want to get me the boxset for 30 Rock. I only started watching the sitcom a few weeks back and think that I have a lot of catching up to do. But I've always enjoyed watching Tina Fey on SNL and thanked Muid for downloading SNLs (now I know what I'll be watching tonight. I'll save the excitement of Amazing Race for Saturday since we'll be having the screening with Ida, Tania and Henry).


I slept at 1am last night (again!) and woke up for sahur at 4.45am, went back to sleep at 5.45am until Muid wake me up at 8am (or was it abah whom I saw making a cameo at my door?). Wow, what a relief that I managed to catch up on my sleeping. But I was a bit mad because I was hoping to keep my subuh prayers at least during Ramadhan. Sent Muid to the old KTM in KL for him to catch the bus to Penang. Have fun in Penang Muid!!!


I need to do more in my life. Its like burning inside, this wanting for more desire of mine.


Of course, Nell told me that she laughed like hell when she got to know I actually registered a profile in Fridae.com. I told her, right after I did that, it occured to me that I'm not that kind of person. I don't go out on dates let alone one night stands or whatever. I will befriend, have a crush, fall for someone and thats it. If it didn't work out, I'll keep the friendship.


Thats what mattered most. Friendship. Although the past had taught me well, I am most grateful for the ones I have. I've made a lot of friends this year, and I came to fall deeply in love with the existing ones more and more each day. These are the people who will be godmothers and godfathers for my children.


Those who loves me regardless who I am and what I do in life. Those who wouldn't hesitate to smack the shit out of me and yet hold my hands and hug me tightly.


A friend said that she hit a point where she doesn't know what she wants in life and why she has the people in her life.


I told her its just a phase, that made us questions all these things.


I told Nell and a few others previously. Quoting Jean-luc Godard's Breathless movie, in one scene where Patricia (Jean Seberg) interviewed a guy and asked him what his ambitions were. He took a moment before he answered.

"To be immortal. Then Die".

I think thats how you should live life. As if you're immortal. Then when death comes by, you have nothing to lose.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:41 am, September 20, 2008 , Blogger Miss Aida said...

    A concept of living like there is no tomorrow.

    I personally find it fascinating, because most times the saying is, live as if tomorrow is your last day on earth. Then you would have no regrets.

     
  • At 12:47 pm, September 23, 2008 , Blogger *cosmic freak* said...

    I'd rather to live to the fullest knowing that I'll still live tomorrow i.e. immortal.

    If you live like tomorrow is the last day on earth, you're living your life in a hurry, don't you think?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home