The Cosmic Wise and Crappy Words

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Got to be REAL

Yesterday was my baby brother's birthday. Afis (Hafiz) turned 13. That comes with armpit hair, some strands of chin hair, and lots of acnes. Afis is 5 feet tall, and about 62kgs. Yes, he's a "solid" kid of "medium" build.

Afis with my younger sister Fiqah in 1997


To me, regardless of his facial hair or his acnes or his excessive fat, he is still my baby. I was a bit disappointed with myself that I couldn't buy him anything yet, and so, after coming home from work last night, I spent 2 hours lying down in his bed hugging, talking and teasing him.

Afis might seem 62kg and 13 yrs old but he still sits on my lap or basically sleeps "ON" top of me, like seriously, he can do that (and yes, I survived every time).

I am very much attached to Afis. When my mom was giving birth to him, I was 13 myself. I was the only one from my family accompanying my mom at the ward (although I wasn't allowed to sit in). Well, he was born during Friday prayer and my dad had to go off for prayer so there I was, sitting (dozing actually) at the waiting area outside the labour room.

I spent 4 months after SPM taking care of both my younger siblings (Afis was 4 and Fiqah was 6) and they practically sleep with me every single night. I might not have the normal 18 yr old fun life but I had the best time (although I complain a lot) bonding with my younger siblings.

So, yesterday, Afis turned 13 and he's now basically growing up to be a man.

This morning, on my way to work, I texted him, "Hey You! Happy Belated Birthday! ;-P"

He replied. "Terima kasih.....i love u"

You wonder why I'm sappy.

I don't need a man and a lover to complete me as a woman who's happily in love.

I have Afis.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home