The Cosmic Wise and Crappy Words

Thursday, October 30, 2008

a thursday morning *sniff sniff hachum!*

Sipping my strong black coffee while burping after I gobbled down a Sausage McMuffin with egg I just bought for breakfast. I have one more, just incase. Recuperating meaning me need more food to build energy back. Yeah right. Excuses excuses excuses.

I've been sick for the past 2 days, the first day was still hanging on while yesterday morning, I know I should get my meds. A little regret came to place because abah offered to take me to the clinic the night before but I insist on not relying on my folks.

The adik in me was fighting with the big Nulah.

Adik says, "Bodoh, pergi je la ikut abah gi klinik" and Nulah countered back, "Sakit sikit nak whining, kalau duduk sendiri nanti ada ke abah atau mama nak bawa gi klinik? Dah besar panjang, take full responsibility of yourself la!"

And so, yesterday morning, I went to the clinic. I don't really like this doctor, Dr. Ros. She's nice and all but she'll be like "Hish, sakit sikit je kan?" and kept on telling my monthly tonsilitis is nothing serious at all, its just sore throat. She didn't even get back to me on my blood test last time, when I wanted to check my sugar level. Even when I had some small seizure where my left hand would constantly every now and then when shaky, she said, "Takde apa apa". I know its wrong of me to check with a general physician like her, but still, with an average of 5 patients a day, she couldn't care less. I was just 5 minutes in her clinic and thanked god the consultation wasn't costly, but I still paid RM26 for the meds. Considerable, still, I think. I think I need to find further consultation on my nerves, the constant shaky hands. I do believe its just nerves. And no, I don't think its the alco or the nico, cos I got it ever since ..... 5 years back. Maybe its the sugar. Maybe......

But I stepped in the office at 2pm after taking my morning meds and dozing off. Sour-soup other half told me that normal people takes half day off and went home at 2pm and rest the whole day. Told her I'm not normal, in fact, I'm just plain weird. I enjoy being in the office. Hence, I'm a weirdo.

Today is Thursday, October 30th and a friend of mine is celebrating his birthday. Of course I won't write down a nice anecdote as Ena since she knows you better than I do, but Mr. Nik Az-Waa, you are sincerely a dear friend, a nice guy and as I wish you Happy Birthday, I am also wishing you all the best in everything you do, be it career or love, cos I know you're a guy who deserves the best of both. :-) Thanks for those kind thoughts you've spared me and also funny funny moments we shared together. Seriously someone I enjoy hanging out with (although he's constantly busy with his blackberry) and someone I'd share my Gudang Garam with. *winks*

Yesterday was Yana's birthday. Yana is my housemate. I wouldn't say ex housemate because she'll always be the housemate I'd ever want to live with. I've known Yana since we were in Melaka campus but we gotten close when Faris introduced us to become housemates in late 2004. Despite our differences, the bond we share goes beyond just being housemates, we look after each other's back and we provide console to each other. So Yana, Abby nak wish Happy Belated Birthday and Abby sayang Yana sangat-sangat! ;-) Malam ni kita dinner ok!

I'm doing my checklist again today. Everyday I try to have a checklist at work, something I can tick off when I'm done doing it. I try to be as anal as I can. I use to not want to be an analyst. I thought researchers and analysts are boring boring people. Now that I am one, I try to not sound or be as boring. I'm not a boring analyst am I? :-(

I haven't touch a ciggie since ....... Monday. I haven't meet ................ since ....... Monday.

I find solace in drugs. Prescribed ones that is. I came home at 7.30pm, ate some muffins, and took my meds and went to sleep. Woke up at 10.30pm, ate some rice, took my meds, and went to sleep. Woke up at 4am, ate some muffins, took my meds and went to sleep.

Got in the office today and was boombarded with 5 emails from A(na)lbert(gh) and Jerk. Hurm, just as the responsibilities just got switched last 2 days, they're really giving me something to vent about.

Life is like a box of chocolate. Its fattening but you still want it!

(I need to get something to keep my throat not so dry-ish and those vicks inhaler for my marathon-runner nose)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home