The Cosmic Wise and Crappy Words

Sunday, November 09, 2008

the life that we choose

We're afraid to disappoint people
We crave for social acceptance
We try hard to impress people.



On the day of my sister's wedding, before she left home, she left us, the younger siblings with a very wise word of wisdom.

You are your own competition


That day I know she was (and still is) my hero for a reason.


What I'm writing today is to remind others, and I was reminded when I read Eric Li's note.


We live by our own choices.


I often write, life is part chance and part choice.


We often choose the wrong things, and God constantly gives us second chances.


We need to start choosing the right things.


I am not good.

I told Geoff, I'm a half practitioner, half sinner.

I know the implementation of the 'wasatiah' (moderation) concept is wrong here, but I try, to have a solid ground, so that whenever I lose ground, my faith will bring me back down to earth.

I'm not a good person.


But what is it about being good, we all hold different perceptions to that particular concept in life.


Life is not about other people, its about you, and that thought solely makes us SELFISH and a bit Self-Centered (a bit la).


But wouldn't it be good to know that how you treat your life makes the people around you love you more?


Its not that they would opt to love you less, but if you love yourself and treat yourself more, you'll earn the respect of others, not only respect, but trust, faith, care comes in a package.


We are bound to make big in this world.


Everyone are born with fair chances and choices. If God decides to take one person or one thing less from us compared to the others, we're always blessed with something or someone thats equally worthy.


We have nothing to lose in life. True.


But lets NOT be stupid and choose losing over winning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home