The Cosmic Wise and Crappy Words

Thursday, November 06, 2008

this is a classic tale of the fat short one, and the tall skinny one.


both are good in their own ways. people love to hold the tall skinny one, but the fat short one gave them more security and balance in life.

the tall skinny ones can look far ahead, because of the height advantage.

the fat short ones can give a firm stance, because of the weight advantage.

but ...

they are actually not rivals.

they don't compete against each other.

in fact, they compliment each other.

one gives a slight sour taste, and the other, a sweeter taste.

human tongue have parts for different tastebuds.

each part compliments the other, in creating balance.

this is a classic tale of the tall skinny one and the fat short one.

one we call the 'heart', and one we call 'the mind'.

Mind: Why did you go there?

Heart: A feeling.

Mind: What did you feel?

Heart: Something.

Mind: Like wanting to be hurt?

Heart: Sometimes we feel things we don't want to feel. Like those times when you think about things you shouldn't be thinking.

Mind: But I think it. And the thought vanished. Or being erased from my mind. What you feel makes you act on it. And then, put you in a spot where you're vulnerable to pain, or anger.

Heart: But I'm a heart. I'm supposed to feel pain, anger.

Mind: You should listen to me first.

Heart: Feelings and emotions sometimes come in an instant. Uncontrollable.

Mind: But the effect, the consequences, will fall on me. People would perceive my weakness in not being able to control my actions. Ones which was initially manouvered by you.

Heart: I can't be sorry of what I feel.

Mind: But you can if you listen to me.

Heart: Then tell me what to feel.

Mind: Happiness for what you've been blessed with, those who loves you and looks out for you. Grateful for what you have survived these years. And stop all these sappy nonsense.

Heart: Am I obliged to follow all these?

Mind: You've done things which you never spare thoughts for. I can't say that for you. I'm just a reMINDer.

Heart: ReMIND me often okay. I want to listen but sometimes I know I do things without proper judgement.

Mind: You can never judge. You can just feel. But just don't feel things that will not benefit you.

Heart: Okay. I feel you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home